100 Mile Nordic Ski Society
This nordic ski club has a long history in our community. It's a wonderful littlle ski club with a beatiful lodge, great nordic trails and snowshoe trails. It's one of the more affordable family activities in the community and the health benefits speak for themselves.
- Memberships and sales have been in decline.
- Website management was done by volunteers on a Wix Site and was costing over $600/yr
- Email was used as the main way to communicate club activities to the community
- Facebook audience size was too small given the numbers of members in the club
The work on this project is ongoing, but the bulk of the work was done over a 5 month period in 2018-19 season.
- new logo
- moved site from Wix to a hosted wordpress site to save over $600 a year and make more options available for new templates, email marketing etc.
- new website that was optimized for keyword searches and provided useful info for members and non members alike
- established a blog
- used social media to drive largest membership increase in recent memory an WON a provincial membership contest for our division. (about 50 new members)
- set up listing on "Google My Business" to correct errors in listing. This move started pushing over 500 visitors a month to the website
- set up Maillchimp email newsletter
- set up Trip Advisor Profile and started seeing tourist traffic
- networked with local hotel and tour operators
- designed a rack card for tourism
- doubled Facebook followers over six months