Shauna and Lee are small business owners that sell and install custom window coverings. They are a dealer for Hunter Douglas, which is the worlds largest and most trusted supplier. Prior to working with us they had a few issues.
- site was self made on wordpress.org. The template they used wasn't designed for conversions (selling) and it was difficult to find the info you wanted. Furthermore there wasn't very much product info and they relied on https://www.hunterdouglas.com to do the heavy lifting.
- they were not monitoring traffic so they had no idea where thier leads were coming from.
- Facebook page is the primary way of doing business and attracting new customers but they were not attracting any organic searches for "custom window coverings Kamloops" for example.
- they didn't have a logo
- they were not using email marketing
- they didn't have a blog
Whenever we start a project the first thing we do is install google analytics on the site to see what's happening. We can then use this information to identify "low hanging fruit" that can guide us when we rebuild.
- new logo
- integrated mailchimp on website and on facebook page
- picked a simple, elegant theme to showcase product line and the business owners
- the new site has 20x more content than old one and can be used as a sales tool
- helped them launch the new website with new facebook art and paid boosts and visual posts
- they had unique challenges like "how do we sell in Tobiano" that we helped solve (a high end housing development near them)
- work is ongoing to add more features like client image gallery to site and additional consulting
The project took 5 months to complete on a monthly retainer of 10 hours a month. This allowed the couple to manage their busy lives with two small children and run the business at the same time.